Specialist Clinics and Services
We run the following clinics:
- **Cervical Cytology**(see below)
- Smoking Cessation
- Adult Vaccination
- Health Promotion
- Drug Misuse
- Refugee / Asylum Seekers
- Minor Surgery
- Family Planning
For further information on each of our Clinics, please click on the relevant item on the Clinical Services drop down Menu.
If you could reduce your risk of getting cervical cancer, would you?
- Did you know…
- Cervical cancer is largely preventable
- cervical screening (smear tests) saves 5,000 lives a year in the UK
- a cervical screening lasts five minutes but the impact of cervical cancer can last a lifetime.
- Book an appointment to have your screening with a nurse or doctor at your GP practice today, you can request a female if you prefer. Appointments are available in the evening and at the weekend across North West London seven days a week. Ask your GP practice receptionist for more details.
- Cervical screening is a test to detect abnormalities that can be treated to prevent cancer developing. Being tested regularly (every 3-5 years) provides a high degree of protection against developing cervical cancer.
- All women aged 25 to 64 who are registered with a GP are invited for cervical screening. If you don’t have an invitation and are unsure if you are due for a screening you should contact your GP to find out.
We have a Phlebotomy Service, which started at the beginning of August 2018, on each Wednesday. This is available to all patients over 15yrs of age. The session is a mixture of booked and walk-in. This service is available in Hounslow Surgery only.
Please liaise with Reception for further information.
Please ring to speak to the GP/Nurse for your Test/Investigation results (depending on availability). If the GP/Nurse is not available, a message will be taken and passed to the Clinicians to call back.