Posted: 8 March 2019
If you could reduce your risk of getting cervical cancer, would you?
- Did you know…
- Cervical cancer is largely preventable
- cervical screening (smear tests) saves 5,000 lives a year in the UK
- a cervical screening lasts five minutes but the impact of cervical cancer can last a lifetime.
- Book an appointment to have your screening with a nurse or doctor at your GP practice today, you can request a female if you prefer. Appointments are available in the evening and at the weekend across North West London seven days a week. Ask your GP practice receptionist for more details.
- Cervical screening is a test to detect abnormalities that can be treated to prevent cancer developing. Being tested regularly (every 3-5 years) provides a high degree of protection against developing cervical cancer.
- All women aged 25 to 64 who are registered with a GP are invited for cervical screening. If you don’t have an invitation and are unsure if you are due for a screening you should contact your GP to find out.
**NEW** Phlebotomy Service to start from 1st August 2018
Posted: 23 July 2018
We have a Phlebotomy Service starting from the beginning of August on each Wednesday. This will be available to all patients over 15yrs of age. The session is a mixture of booked and walk-in. This is available in Hounslow Surgery only.
Please liaise with Reception for further information.
Posted: 8 September 2017
PLEASE NOTE: WITH EFFECT FROM 2 OCTOBER 2017, WE WILL NO LONGER CLOSE FOR LUNCH.
Patients can now access the surgery during this hour if they have queries, requesting prescriptions, booking routine appointments, etc.